Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I Like to Read It, Read It ...

Hey, how would it be to get an e-mail announcing book releases that might be of interest to you, targeted to your own preferences, free? Sounds a little too good to be true?

Nay! Nay, it is not too good to be true! Such a thing can happen!

I just registered for Book Whirl. I selected my favorite genres, and they will send me e-mails whenever a participating book in that genre is released. How cool is that - I can read a blurb about the book and decide whether or not it sounds interesting to me. I'm all about making my life easier, and few things annoy me more than picking up a book at random to have to throw it away ten minutes later. I think this might be an awesome tool in my search for All Things Readable.

Anyway, if this sounds good to you, go check it out ... and it's free. I enjoy free.

6 comments:

Teri said...

This sounds cool! I am on GoodReads, partly because I trust what my friends say about books, but I'd like something a little more tuned to me. Some of us have very different tastes!! Thanks for the suggestion.

Rachelle Christensen said...

Sounds like a great idea. Of course, I can always just check for Tristi's reviews since you are most reliable! :)

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

I'm finding the only way I can choose a good book is if I've read reviews about it. Blurbs always make the book look good. And I hate wasting money.

Cindy Beck, author said...

Thanks for the link. It sounds like it's worth checking out!

Keith N Fisher said...

thank you for the heads up. Now, if only I could get a list of blogs I would be interested in, you know, the ones that are really interesting? Hmmm. Guess I need to keep checking.

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...